Two-week intensive floral design
Duration: Two five-day courses
Why not treat yourself and come and learn all about flower design. Courses are suitable for all who either enjoy flowers and or are lucky enough to work with flowers.
There are two distinct courses on offer, Intensive One is aimed at those who have a love of flowers and want to enjoy learning floral design techniques, how to apply them in practice and finally prepare a variety of arrangements. Intensive Two then will greatly add to the skills and techniques learnt in Intensive One, but equally can be taken as a standalone course. At the end of just one week, you will have both the skill and the confidence to design floral arrangements for a variety of events.
In Intensive Week One you will learn:
- Basic floral design techniques including care and conditioning, wiring techniques, hand ties, colour, height, and proportion.
- How to construct popular arrangements such as seasonal creations, events, weddings, and sympathy work
- How to incorporate these skills and techniques in the development of larger scale pieces.
- Early in the week you will visit the New Covent Garden Flower Market to source and budget for set arrangements.
In Intensive Week Two you will learn:
- How to design and practice implementing large floral structures. You will handle the equipment, plan the mechanics, and learn construction techniques for this topic.
- All aspects of designing and preparing wedding flowers, including bouquets, buttonholes, corsages, table, and venue arrangements.
- By the end of the course, you will be able to design a ‘live’ event on your own. This will include sourcing, budgeting, planning, logistics, conditioning and presenting your designs to a ‘client’.